DTA Wales supports applicants and grant holders on The National Lottery Community Fund for Wales’ Community Asset Transfer 2 (CAT2) Programme. CAT2 is the flagship TNL Community Fund for Wales programme to enable communities to have more control and influence over their future development. They want to help communities become stronger and more sustainable by assisting them to obtain and develop assets such as land or buildings from individuals, public or private sector organisations to community ownership.
The Big Lottery wants to help communities become stronger and more sustainable by assisting them to obtain and develop assets such as land or buildings. They do this by developing assets transferred from individuals, public or private sector organisations to enterprising organisations that actively involve and benefit the communities they serve
8 projects across Wales have now been funded under the CAT2 Programme. DTA Wales supported them at application stage, and will continue to support them as they develop and launch their asset projects. They are:
- Meliden Goods Shed, led by Grwp Cynefin
- Canolfan y Fron
- Harbourside Maritime Centre, part of the Harbourside Quarter Porthcawl, led by Credu Charity Ltd
- Machine Shop, part of the Brymbo Steelworks Site, led by Brymbo Heritage Trust
- Cynon Linc, led by Age Connect Morgannwg
- Grange Pavilion, led by Cardiff University
- Llandeilo Shire Hall, led by Menter Bro Dinefwr
- Going Green for a Living Community Land Trust Ltd (t/a Open Newtown)
We also host Learning and Networking events as part of the support contract for the CAT2 groups. For more information about our first CAT2 Learning Event to Ebbw Vale Institute in May 2017, read the Big Lottery’s Big Blog article here.