Who we are
Transition Llambed Development Trust was formed from Transition Llambed a branch of the Transition Network, a movement of communities uniting to build a sustainable future. Primarily formed to perform the daily running of the Victoria Hall, we oversee the function of a diverse set of community projects.
What we believe
We believe working together as a community, we can unleash our collective genius to have a greater impact together than we can as individuals.
Our vision is to develop and promote positive possibilities by using creative ways to engage and involve people in building resilient communities. In the process we introduce communities to alternative ways to create a sustainable future without the use of fossil fuels.
What we aim to achieve
“Increasing opportunities and developing a sustainable future for Lampeter’s residents by building a resilient community”.
General Aims and Objectives:
- Promoting and sharing best practice models and knowledge to reduce food miles and minimise the carbon footprint to encourage environmental sustainability;
- Stimulating the health and well being of the community by supporting and developing opportunities for the community to access Local Produce, Green Products and Local Crafts;
- Advancing the understanding, education and awareness amongst the public of the benefits of Local Food, Drink and Associated Products, Green Products and Local Crafts;
- Involving the community by providing education, training and local employment opportunities within the agri food sector, Green Products and Local Crafts;
- Creating and promoting economic regeneration and diversification opportunities for producers in Ceredigion and surrounding areas, by encouraging business and community participation and rural sustainability;
- Developing a consortia of businesses/individuals to market collaboratively, develop supply chain efficiency, identify further commercial opportunities and showcase a diverse range of Local Produce and Associated Products, Green Products and Local Crafts.
Transition Llambed Development Trust run Victoria Hall in Lampeter, where they hold the Peoples Market on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month.
Victoria Hall is a lively venue in the bustling town of Lampeter. Used for a wide range of activities, classes and live entertainment there is always something on suited for all ages.
They also produce the Lampeter Grapevine, a local monthly newspaper to promote Lampeter’s events, news and views.