DTA Wales supports applicants and grant holders on the Big Lottery Community Asset Transfer 2 (CAT2) Programme. CAT2 is the flagship Big Lottery Wales Programme which provides both capital and revenue funding to support the transfer of assets, such as land and buildings, from individuals, public or private sector organisations to community ownership.
The CAT2 Programme helps communities become stronger and more sustainable by assisting them to obtain and develop assets such as land or buildings transferred from individuals, public or private sector organisations into enterprising organisations that actively involve and benefit the communities they serve. DTA Wales delivers support to help these communities develop their business models and mentoring support to help deliver sustainability. For more information about our work on CAT2 click here.
DTA Wales helps community owned co-operatives as an Approved Provider to The Hive. The Hive is a business support programme from Co-operatives UK and The Co-operative Bank, for people wanting to start or grow co-operative or community enterprises. It offers a mix of online resources, advice and training can help you build a better co-operative business.
Community Led Housing
DTA Wales led the Welsh “See for Yourself” Visit as part of an 18 month series of learning visits to community led housing projects around the country. Led by our sister organisation Locality, and funded by the Building and Social Housing Foundation, this programme has now been completed. You can watch a video on the Welsh visit which took place on 14th September 2016 and read our blog here.
We supported the Hubberston and Hakin Community Centre in Pembrokeshire, under contract to the Building Communities Trust.
DTA Wales offers a range of consultancy services on community led regeneration, community enterprise and asset development and asset transfer for communities, third sector organisations and public bodies across Wales.
Using the DTA Wales Pool we bring together a range of practitioners and associates from across the sector with a wealth of experience in grassroots community led regeneration, asset transfer and development, and community enterprise. These associates are drawn from our experienced staff team, our Board, our Full and Associate Members, and from practitioners in similar organisations who are partners and support our work.
To access our consultancy services, please e-mail us (email@example.com) or telephone 02920 190260 with your enquiry for a free, no obligation quote. Or click here to learn more.
We provide a range of consultancy services working with you and your Board and / or management team, to meet your bespoke needs provide support and advice and act as your critical friend. Our advice and support is independent, impartial, constructive and at your pace. Our aim is to support and empower your organisation so you can take your community enterprise, asset and regeneration initiative to the next level.
For public bodies
We use our track record in community led regeneration and community enterprise, asset development and asset transfer in Wales (and across the UK via our development trust association partners in England, Scotland and NI with knowledge, skills and experience of more than 800 practitioners) to give you access to considered and respected resources, toolkits, information and support and assistance to use these effectively.
Our range of services include:
- Benchmarking your organisation using the DTA Fit for Purpose Healthcheck
- Support for new, emerging and existing development trusts and other community anchor and enterprise organisations
- Support for Community Asset Transfer and Community Asset Development and Ownership
- Support for and facilitation of peer to peer learning, knowledge and skills
- Undertaking feasibility studies exchange and action learning sets
- Business planning
- Reviews and policy advice
- Researching and compiling case studies
- Training, mentoring and coaching
- Community consultation and engagement
- Support to consider and access various forms of funding and investment finance (including grants, social investments/loans, community share issues, and crowdfunding)
- Investment readiness support and risk analysis to take on a social investment
- Advice on sustainable development principles and practice (and support from Renew Wales and Community Energy Wales)
- Policy advice and campaigns
- Support on specific technical issues (e.g. legal, planning, design, etc)
- Securing better energy prices, through our consortia of members and promoting energy efficiency technology and savings via the DTA Wales Energy Action Group
We provide the services listed above, in a range of fields, including:
- Community development and regeneration
- Community and social enterprise – start up and development
- Community asset transfer and community asset development and ownership
- Training and facilitation
- Quality and impact tools
- Peer to peer practitioner learning networks and knowledge and skills transfer
- Voice and influence
- Sustainable development, climate change and renewable energy (through our programmes and partners – Renew Wales, Community Energy Wales, and the DTA Wales Energy Action Group
To access our consultancy services, please e-mail us or telephone 02920 190260 with your enquiry for a free, no obligation quote.