The charity assists in the restoration, preservation and maintenance of the historic complex of buildings and land comprising the navigation colliery in Crumlin, Caerphilly, so that the buildings and site may be brought back into beneficial re-use and safeguarded for future generations.
“The Navigation” in Crumlin, Gwent, is an historic Welsh colliery site. The sinking of the mine shafts was begun in 1907 by Partridge, Jones & Company Ltd and the mine was in full production by 1911. The National Coal Board took over the Navigation at the time of Nationalisation in 1947 and the mine continued to produce coal until 1967.
We are supporting the group to develop a business plan for the Training Academy which will in turn work on the renovation of the site.